Thursday, July 12, 2012

Driving lessons

After a horrible night's sleep Wednesday, I slept like a rock last night.  Woke up at 5:40 and didn't even hit snooze!  I went for a 3.2 mile walk, and was in a great mood.  I went for another beta this morning, high-horsing my way through the day.  I drove out the driveway marked 'do not enter' because it was closer than the alternative and I wasn't paying attention as closely as I should've been.  I was careful to turn left as quickly as possible, since people wouldn't expect me to be using that driveway, but felt above the law because we were still technically in a parking lot.  I waited for one car and then went for it.  The very next car I passed came to an almost complete stop and threw his hands up in the air, with a very nasty face to boot.  I threw my hands up at him in response, because that's how I roll.  You can't tell me not to turn left when no one was in danger, Mr. Hands-in-the-air, all crotchety-like guy!  Then, feeling a bit smug, I encountered a few more cars that seems puzzled that I had turned left.  Then a very nice gentlemen pointed to the other side of the road, alerting me to the fact that I was going the wrong way on a one-way side.  Classy.

There were two lanes.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment